Collinstown Park Community College

LCVP

LCVP

LCVP is a Senior Cycle Programme of the Department of Education and Skills, designed to give a strong vocational dimension to the Leaving Certificate (established). The programme combines the virtues of academic study with a new and dynamic focus on self-directed learning, enterprise, work and the community. Students taking the LCVP have a unique opportunity to develop their interpersonal, vocational and technological skills. These skills are equally relevant to the needs of those preparing for further education, seeking employment or planning to commence their own business some time in the future.

Students follow the established Leaving Certificate course and take two extra modules: The World of Work and Enterprise Education. Students must be studying a foreign language or take a foreign language ab initio.

Students in Collinstown Park must have one of the following combinations of subjects to take the LCVP course:

  • Construction Studies and Engineering
  • Home Economics and Biology
  • Home Economics and Art
  • Accounting and Business
  • Biology and Physics/Chemistry
  • Engineering or Construction Studies and Accounting or Business
  • Home Economics and Accounting or Business
  • Art and Accounting or Business
  • Music and Accounting or Business

The students prepare a portfolio of coursework which is worth 60% of the exam grade and take a written exam in early May which makes up the other 40% of the exam grade.

Students score a Distinction (70 CAO points), Merit (50 CAO points) or a Pass (30 CAO points). A distinction is 80-100%, a Distinction is 65-79% and a Pass is 50-64%.

Dec 01
2022
Sixth Year Retreat
Dec 01
2022
Croke Park Meeting
Dec 06
2022
TY Differential Aptitude Test
Dec 21
2022
Last Day Of Term
Collinstown Park Community College
Rowlagh, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, D22X458
Find Us
Enquire
Location
© 2022 Collinstown Park Community College